Follow our travels through France, Italy, Switzerland, Vietnam, Spain and Portugal

Never let the Truth get in the Way of a Good Story!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Sevilla

September 26-28

Seville is in shock- people are wandering the streets, shaking their heads and muttering something about football tragedies. What a thoughtful bunch, I thought, to take such interest in what must be for them only their 2nd or 3rd favourite sport. But imagine my horror when I realised they cared not for my Swans, but merely a parochial love of some minor Spanish soccer team! They say that travel opens your eyes, I am beginning to see the truth in this.

AFL aside (and I did not see or hear a minute of the shemozzle), we are enjoying Sevilla, Spain's 4th largest city and home to both the Alcazar and the 3rd largest cathedral in the world, behind Rome and Canterbury. The streets are wide (mostly), the weather is fair and the streets are safe, except for the dog turds. We did a city tour this morning, her indoors is now sleeping it off before we go for some tapas tonight.
Before we left our mountain idyll, we looked in an old olive oil press from the 1800s, now set up as a museum. Better than all your fancy cathedrals and such, I reckon. I've included a couple of pics.
Lo siento, Goodesy and the lads, I did what I could but it still wasn't enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment